The ILDSA have open an optional 1st Wave in the Ted Keenan Mile for the Friday night for approx. 1930
for any of 25k/17k/10k/5k Swimmers the price has being discounted at £ 10.00 to cover medals and costs
Free Lough Erne Event Crew / Kayak and boat teams
Terms & Conditions.
- For Skins swimmers, only Standard Swimming Costumes, hat and goggles permitted. (No wet/tri-suits allowed).
- Instructions from race officials must be adhered to all times, and all swimmers must attend the pre-swim safety briefing or they will not be allowed to swim. (No exceptions)
- I confirm that I have no medical disabilities that would endanger myself or anyone else participating in this event.
- I declare that I am entering this event of my own choosing and I will place no liability on the ILDSA, its officers and members for any injury sustained or property lost or damaged whilst participating in this event.
- I authorise race officials to remove me from the water should they deem I am hypothermic or disorientated. I also authorise them to administer first aid should it be necessary
- Swimmers must confirm any medical condition that the organisers should be aware of E.G. Asthma, Diabetes, heart condition, physical disabilities etc.
The closing date for entries is the 30th June.
- To be eligible to compete for both the Irish National 17k & 25k (And thus be in the running to be called Irish champion) you must be a current member of a Swim Ireland club and either have been born in Ireland or have resided in Ireland for the last 12 months.
- Swimmers (If they meet the eligibility requirements) cannot represent Ireland AND their country of birth. They must represent one or the other.
- Swimmers must not use any type of floatation aid (Boards, fins, poolbuoys etc)
- Pacing is not allowed.
- Swimmers may grease up before the swim.
- Swimmers must not touch the boat/canoe while swimming or feeding.
- Swimmers must organise their own food, grease and helper before and after the swim.
- High-tech suits are not allowed. The swimmers must wear classical textile swim wear.
- The ILDSA Organising Committee will make sure that all rules are observed.
- Rules 3-9 will also apply to the relay teams who will also have to adhere to the following…..Only 3 swimmers per team, the order of swimmers must not change and swimmers must change every hour.
- Date: Saturday 26th July 2019 at Carrybridge Marina, Enniskillen Co Fermanagh
- Registration: TBC
- Safety briefing: TBC
- Start time: TBC
- Minimum age: All swimmers to be at least 18 on the day of the swim. (Unless under exceptional circumstances.)